We are looking for Software Engineers with 1 year plus experience in GIS software design and development.
- Assists in the design and development of integrated solutions in accordance with, corporate standards and products.
- Execute full lifecycle software development.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Obtains and licenses software by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in computer science / GIS or equivalent field of study.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Understanding of basic testing, coding, and debugging procedures.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Relevant experience of 3+ years.
- Experienced in desktop and web applications, web services.
- Experience or understanding of software systems design tools and languages.
- Accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
- Exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.