Senior GIS Software Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with 3 plus years experience in GIS software design and development.
- Architect the solution considering the business goals and the company's products.
- Design and develop the product / service.
- Handle a team of developers, testers, UI designers.
- Collaborate with project manager, client, business analyst to provide the best possible solution.
- Understand the requirements and provide a detailed technical solution.
- Guide the team in their day to day software engineering activities such as design, develop, debug, test, document, deploy etc.
- Report to the senior regarding the technical challenges, technical decisions taken with justification.
- Discuss with the senior regarding the product road map and strategies to achieve it.
Graduate / Postgraduate in GIS / Computer Science, Information Technology or related field of Engineering.
- Designing and developing GIS applications.
- Designing and developing Spatial databases on popular RDBMS and No-SQL databases.
- Designing and developing UI / UX for GIS applications.
- Experience in developing applications for desktop, Web and Mobile platforms.
- Experience and understanding OGC specifications like GML, Web services like WMS, WFS, WCS, WMTS etc.
- Experience in developing Mapping software like ArcGIS Engine, Autodesk Map, Mapbox, Cesium.
- Experience in full stack software development including Web services, (REST API, SOAP API etc.)
- Experience in Web application development using NodeJS, Angular, etc.
- Experience in using Open source software.
- Experience in using Source control (github, bitbucket), issue tracker (Jira, bugzilla),
- Experience in Agile / SCRUM methodologies.
- Someone with a technical background, eager to learn about new technologies and new domains:
- Studies of informatics or computer science or equivalent by experience.
- Someone who is fluent in English, also on a technical level.
- Translate technical questions to clear English.
- Good communication skills.
- Problem solving attitude.
- Motivated and a pro-active attitude.
- Considerable professional experience in IT or Geospatial applications.